Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another test…

I’m doing much better at going to bed early (for the last two days at least) but I did get a small distraction tonight when I saw the Windows Live Writer in my start menu… had to try it out.

 

In other developments, if anybody cares to search for Adobe Creative Suite 2 (Adobe CS2) in search of installation tips for Windows 7 (x64) I was able to finagle my way into installing the programs without having to install them through the virtual machine.  It must be a completely clean install, get rid of any traces of an Adobe Creative Suite product because when you insert the first of the installation cd’s it must ask which folder to install the programs to.  By default Win7 will assign it to the Program Files (x86) folder but I think the Adobe program doesn’t view the parenthesis as valid characters for a destination folder, so it wont install, the next thought was to install it in the regular Program Files folder, but that either doesn’t work or it will install but when you open the program it crashes each time you try to enter a product key.  Create a new folder!  I suggest naming it “Adobe” and having it as a first level folder under whichever drive you decide to install the programs on.  All subsequent Adobe 32 bit programs should automatically chose that as the default installation folder, 64 bit programs will go to the regular Program Files folder as they should. 

The only problem I’ve run into so far is that the Acrobat 7.0 print driver (print to .pdf) doesn’t function properly (when trying to print from other applications/web browsers to .pdf) but that was easily remedied by installing the free application doPDF 7.  I’ll admit, I’m an extremely light CS user so there may be a whole realm of other things that don’t work, but this is the only one I’ve run across that doesn’t want to cooperate.

 

Good luck, have a good night.  I’m going to crawl into my new bed sheets next to my little wife.

Late.

No comments:

Post a Comment